Jul 17, 2012

The Adventure Begins

OK! So as promised (mostly to maija) I will begin faithfully blogging about my time here in Houston, Texas!
I have been here for 2 weeks now and its mostly been so very nice.
Why do I say mostly you ask?
Well as was expected there have been moments of homesickness for family, friends and the clean air of Canada (it is not clean here); some loneliness when hubby has to go to clinic; boredom when I have nothing left to do at the apartment and don't know how to drive in this city (I know how now!), but even if I did, where would I go and who would I go see? feeling. So you see there is some adjustment still to take place. Also, the fact that they were going to send me packing when I got to the boarder stole some of the bliss.

But! There has been lots of good too. Much more good than bad.
Starting with being with Steve. He is so good to me. Literally the most wonderful man. He constantly goes out of his way to make sure that I am happy and feeling loved. Rarely will he ever ask me to do anything for him but is always looking for ways to serve me. I am so blessed. Do I deserve this good fortune?! 
Mmmm next, flowers. I love getting flowers and Steven surprised me with them when he picked me up from the airport. They are probably my favourite present. Maybe its just because I'm a romantic but they make me feel extra loved.



Fourth of July fireworks also make me happy. Just laying on a blanket in the humid heat with Steve's arms around me was simply the best.


Waiting for the show to begin... Just Look at his eyes!! Beautiful blues.

Crazy crowd for the concert and fireworks

Having a space that is just mine and Steve's is awesome. I'm really glad that it's just the two of us, in our own apartment, away from anyone else. I love organizing and cleaning a place that is just my own (our own haha). I love cooking and having dinner ready when Steve gets home from school (he's only in school 2 1/2 days a week so on the other days he's happy to cook for me. score. best husband award). I haven't really gotten to decorate much yet because at the end of the month we have to move to an apartment on a different floor. I want to have as little to move as  possible so I'm waiting on that, but there will be pictures when it does happen!
Planning all my DIY projects is also the funnest. I love it. Who knew I would become so crafty? More on that later...
One more highlight is exercising together. It's fun going to the Rec Center here on campus almost every night and getting those endorphins going! FYI if I'm not super fly by the end of these 6 months then... well thats not possible. Steve is pretty h-core and has me doing his exercises with him so I will soon be iron woman.

Anyways. It's been a good first two weeks :) Time to go and get dinner started!
Miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!! what a little wifey you are Cath! I can't believe its already been two weeks- crazy! Glad to know your doing well out there. Oh, when in doubt of what to do- GO SHOPPING! If Steve is still bringing you flowers then he'll forgive you when you spend lots of moola on fresh duds, ha!
Excited to hear all about new apartment decor! and crafts?? You guys are cute, stay fresh in that texas heat :)

Post a Comment