So I haven't posted my official beginning to my adventures here, but excitement has struck and I must share.
Back story: Steve has instilled in me a large amount of fear in regards to going anywhere alone in Houston. He served in the spanish speaking mission here and so he knows the scariest parts. Since he has shared so many of those stories and pointed out so many places that he doesn't want me to go by myself, I have developed a fear that everyone is packing and I'll be met with this image if I look at them wrong. Honestly, we are in Texas and everyone has a gun so I'm not off base on that account. Because of this fear I have not been brave enough to go anywhere off campus alone...
UNTIL NOW!
Today I made my first expedition off campus all by myself and guess what?! Nobody shot me!!! Or mugged me (i may have turned my wedding ring around so no diamonds were visible... lol)! I needed some honey dijon mustard (haha) for dinner and so I had no choice but to brave the great unknown. I feel pretty good about myself but I only drove to the Kroger 1 mile away and made sure I didn't get on any freeways (another fear of mine).
Baby steps right?

1 comment:
you were mugged, you just didn't realize it.
they have skillz in texas
Post a Comment