Jan 28, 2012

Best Surprise.

I am on cloud 9! All the time. Ever since a certain special man flew in to surprise me with a diamond ring haha. Me and Steve have been engaged for 2 weeks now and I cannot wait to get married!!!! July 7th cannot come fast enough for me...

How he proposed:
I was suppose to go down and visit him, but my dad had told me that it would be impossible that weekend because there was a problem with employee travel (my dad is a pilot for Air Canada, ps. this was all a big lie!). I was super sad of course and so Friday morning (January 13) Steve texted me saying that he was having a surprise delivered for me to his parents house that day and to call his mom to let me know when I could pick it up. I was excited, of course, and called his mom right away. Oddly she told me that I couldn't come and get it till 11:30pm that night since they were going out... but I didn't pick up on anything haha.
Steve then made up a story that he was going to Dallas with some friends that weekend to explain why he wasn't texting me while he was on the plane. Verrrryyy sneaky!
To pass the time till I could go to his parents house I went to the YSA dance and left around 11:30, but I didn't get to Steve's parent's house till 12:30. I thought it was just flowers or something that I was going to pick up! Of course I had let his mom know I would be later though... I'm not rude.

OKay, so I show up and both his parents greet me at the door (weird because John never stays up late haha didn't pick up on a thing) and bring me into the kitchen where the "surprise" was and it was, as I had guessed, flower. They were beautiful, but then there was a card... and it was in his hand writing... red flag? Not really haha I just was like, "Wow! He must have had this sent so long ago!!" Siigh. So smart. Anywho. The card was super sweet telling me how much he missed me, that he was sorry I couldn't come down and that he hoped the flowers would make up for it. He added at the end that if the flowers weren't enough, he promised that we'd be engaged before the flowers wilted (I picked my ring over Christmas break so I knew it was coming), but to help him out by putting them in water.

His mom then directed me to the dining room where I could find a vase and as I walked into the dinning room she turned the lights in the kitchen off behind me (weird right? did I think anything? no.). The vases were off to the left and so I walked straight there without looking around the room and just as I was about to open the cabinet, I hear my name said behind me. I froze haha so scared and turned around to STEVE! standing there in a suit, with candles and all this stuff set up in the room! I freaked right out and jumped on him and screamed haha so confused as to how or what he was doing here. He pulled away then and got down on one knee
and said, "Cathryn I love you more than anything in this world and I want to make you happy for the rest of my life. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" (hahaha he didn't mean to rhyme but that's just what came out). Of course I said yes and he put the ring on my finger and we hugged and kissed and I continued to be in shock :)
Funniest thing? His parents were there for all of it and video taped it and took pictures the whole time hahahhahah
I found out after I had calmed down a bit that Steve had had this planned for weeks and my dad had made up the flying story since I couldn't be in Houston and then while I was still at the dance Steve went and asked my parents for permission. What a good boy :)

It's so funny because I had been so worried that he wouldn't do anything romantic or thoughtful when he proposed... totally exceeded expectations. Never thought of this. And I am so happy. Holy. I can't wait to be married to this man...
AND! Today I went with my mom, my sister Sarah, Steve's mom Sandy, his sister Amy and sister in-law Joylane wedding dress shopping aaaanannnd I bought my dress!!! It's beautiful and Steve is going to love it.
It's feeling more real every day :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awh, man I just love the two of you.... sigh

Post a Comment