May 17, 2011

The Beginning...Do Blondes Really Have More Fun?

So for ages I have been prodded to making a blog and finally I'm making one! My reason? I finally could think of a good title for it hehe.
To begin I will tell a little story of how I became a blonde once again...
This is moi! Before the transformation began...duh duh duuuhhhhh
Looks pretty natural right? WRONG! I am a natural blonde and after being a black beauty for sometime decided on a whim to return to my roots. You see I use to change my hair allllll the time. Grow it long then cut it short or suddenly change the color without telling a soul. So it was more then time for a change. Borrrrringg.
Soooooo. My friend Brigitte who works at Charisma Hair Fashions was more than excited to take this journey with me and so it began...
You cannot, I learned, go straight from black to blonde without losing all your hair and gaining a fine mane of orange hair. Not what I had in mind. So we started with lots of foils!
It took about 4 hours and I came out looking much the same I felt :( sad.
See? Still quite dark just some highlightings of blonde...just taste a. But I got new Marc Jacobs glasses that made me feel nerdy and cute which was enough of a change to satisfy me till the next two weeks for my next appointment.
Although something surprising happened...people were really loving the new hair! Compliments were coming all over the place...started to make me think...stop here? Do I really need to go all blonde?
What a silly question. OF COURSE I DID!
Next appointment began and LOTS of spur of the moment and rash decisions were made with my hair. Let's just say I just stared in the mirror with my mouth hanging open when she finally turned me around to see what was left. Shocking to say the least.
TAAA-DAAAAA! For more of an effect and shock value I decided not to tell anyone and go waaayyyy blonde, chop off many an inch and get front bangs. How's that for a change?
This was a Thursday night (April 7, 2011) and therefore a Grey's Anatomy night and so I arrived at Lindsay's house after SIX hours in the salon to many more dropped jaws.
Personally I felt like I was a little asian girl in a blonde wig. Lindsay and Jalene were much more encouraging and enthusiastic, but I still didn't recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror lol. Not saying that I didn't like it...it was just that I didn't know yet haha

That night when I got home I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when I hear a little knock on the door. I open it to see my mother who jumps backwards in surprise, looks again and in total shock says, "Cathryn???????" I laughed and asked her what she thought and her reply was that she didn't know and would have to think about it and went back to bed. As my mother I think she should've first: RECOGNIZED me and second: told me right off the bat that she loved it. But I hold no grudge. hehehe

The next night was color night and my grand revel to the YSA scene! It was Colour Night and we were late (I went with Sarah Anderson aka Little Anderson) and so we slipped in unnoticed...once the program ended and the dance began NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY, knew who I was. I felt so unpopular haha. Because of the reoccurring process of people I already knew and were friends with, introducing themselves to me, Kensey and I decided to start saying my name was Beth. People believed me. hahhahahha!
Anyways! By the end of the dance and socializing before we vacated the building I swear I had reintroduced myself to everyone I knew there. haha none of them had recognized me! But for the icing on the cake of this funny night was a certain gentleman who I had been crushing on came up to me and said he hadn't recognized me, loved the hair, invited me over and asked for my number. Love being a blonde.
Since this night I have gotten a couple more number requests and it seems more attention? haha maybe some summer romance is coming my way??
HOPEFULLY! But thus far seems like blondes really do have more fun ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLONDES HAVE MORE FUNNNN!!! hahahaha love the new blog, you rock cathy-bathy! ... ahem time for a new post. LOVES!

Anonymous said...

i can only comment so many times on one post...

Post a Comment